Monday, February 09, 2009

Daddy's Coming Home!!!

YAY!!!! We are so very excited that Daddy gets to come home and visit this weekend! What a wonderful Valentine's Day it will be! Andy was actually coming home because Blake was supposed to have his surgery on Monday, but since he had Bronchitis and was on antibiotics, they postponed the eye surgery for another month. We once again were battling our second round of sickness last week...Blake and I went to the doctor on Wednesday only to be diagnosed with Bronchitis and both put on antibiotics. I also had a viral infection in both of my eyes, so they were swollen shut Wednesday morning; Brody went in to urgent care on Saturday for a 104 degree fever that would not respond to Tylenol, and he too was diagnosed with Bronchitis and put on breathing treatments again. So with the whole family on antibiotics now, I think we are well on our way to recovery...just in time for DADDY! Beyond the sickness and the absolute chaos and business of day-to-day life here, we have been having some fun times and I even got to go work out one night and go see a movie Saturday! Thanks, Tammy, for the company, and Ashley, for being such a wonderful babysitter!

Here is Brody doing what he does best...bounce! When Andy sees Brody this weekend, he is going to be amazed! Brody will be 6 months on Saturday, and has grown up so fast! He can sit on his own like a big boy, hold his own bottle, and he is so over baby food! This kid eats like a champ...mac n cheese, toast, pancakes, pizza, spaghetti Os, puffs and bananas are among his favorites! He is such a cuddle bug, and wants to be held all the time...quite different than Blake was, but I don't mind at all! He is one of the reasons I smile every day, and I am so thankful that I get to work and see him at the same time!

The other reason that I smile every day...my little Big Man, Blake. He is talking in complete sentences now, and is still as independent as ever! It kind of makes me sad at times, because he doesn't interact with Brody much, but he entertains himself so easily, I think he just gets busy! He talks about Andy a lot, and all the things he wants to do when his Daddy gets back, like go swimming and play soccer and golf. I left Brody with his teacher, Miss Diane, one Saturday, while Blake and I went to see Sesame Street Live with Christina and Cameron. Blake had so much fun and clapped when Elmo came out! He also missed half of the show because he decided that he wanted to start potty training right in the middle of it! But my big guy did pee on the potty a couple times, so it was worth it! He is still hit or miss, but he is working on it!

Don't I look so tired in this picture??! UGH! 2 more months and I am not going to know what to do with myself!!

Tuesday night my parents dropped their dogs off, Poot and Little Bit, at our house so we could dogsit. Blake had so much fun feeding, playing with them, and giving them treats! We ended up watching Poot until Sunday, but Little Bit had to go to the doctor Wednesday for a bladder infection.

Zoey has been attention deprived...hey, you take it when you can get it around here!

Well, those are the few pictures that I actually took these last couple of weeks. We honestly haven't had much time to do anything else. The boys and I have our little routine that we have gotten used to. Breakfast in bed while Mommy showers, go to school/work, get home at 6:30-7:00, have dinner/baths, in bed by 8, Mommy time for an hour, then clean/dishes/pack bags for morning/lay out clothes, go to sleep, wake up and do it all over again! It's hard because I don't get to spend all the individual attention I want with each of the boys, but there really aren't enough hours in the day. Like I said...a couple more months! BYE BYE everyone!

No comments: