Friday, January 23, 2009
Busy, Busy, Busy!
So, I am sure everyone is wondering where all the pictures are?!? Well, let me just say that I honestly haven't even had time to pick up the camera since Andy left...actually, I don't think we have used it since vacation! But don't worry, the boys' pictures will be flooding the blog as soon as everything calms down! We have started adjusting to life without Andy, and it wouldn't have taken too long, except that we are also adjusting to life at a new school, with Mommy's new job, and with a whole heap of sickness! After Andy left, and before the boys started at their new school, I wanted to take them to the doctor to make sure they were ok...and what do you know?!? Blake has an ear infection, and Brody has to start daily breathing treatments. Blake was back to his old self as soon as the medicine kicked in, but Brody continued to cough, have trouble breathing, diarrhea and not eating well, so when I heard him wheezing Wednesday afternoon, I took him to Children's Mercy to get him checked out. They sucked his nasal passages out with a vaccuum and I must say, it was painful to watch, but he has been doing so much better! Andy has been checking in on us, and doing his Army thing! He tries to update his journal on the weekends, so check it out! One more bit of news...I took Blake to a pediatric opthamologist at Children's Mercy Hospital last Wednesday. She saw that both eyes would wander out wide, and said that his "brain is communicating with his eye muscles and they aren't listening." So he has to have surgery to correct it on February 16th. We have several appointments ahead of us, but that the surgery would only be an hour or so, and recovery time would only be a couple days of soreness, and a couple weeks of redness. Andy will actually get to come back that weekend and stay for the surgery since it is on President's Day. The last bit of exciting news is that Kidding Around 2 has 20 kids enrolled out of 100 and we just opened Monday! I absolutely LOVE my new job, and couldn't be happier!! Love to all!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How's it going army wife?! I hope everything it going okay and you're not too stressed - I definitely would not want to be in your shoes. I think we'd do fine, but I would miss Regan so much and so would the boys. How is Blake doing with him being gone? It will be great to see him in a few weeks, but too bad Blake has to get surgery. I hope all goes well with that too - we'll be praying for him. Just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you. Give me a call when/if you have a moment or just need to "get away" for a minute - I'm here!!!! Love ya lots, Katie
Post a Comment