Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Thank Goodness for Rain!


"Yesterday it was sooooooo beautiful outside, but Mommy wasn't able to enjoy it because she can't see!" I finally went to the eye doctor yesterday after many months of just glasses, and found out what was wrong with my eyes. My eyes are very sensitive to any kind of light, and they just continue to water and are really red; and sometimes looking in different directions is painful. The doctor said I had corneal swelling caused by a lack of oxygen to the cornea, in both eyes. I am on antibiotics for a week, and then she will fit me with special lenses that will allow oxygen through. Until then, I have to squint while driving (if I absolutely need to drive) and hope that it rains all week so that I don't feel bad about keeping Blake inside! I gave him a graham cracker so that he didn't think that he was missing out!

No comments: