Monday, November 03, 2008

Road Trip!

After our fun taking silly photos, Daddy got an idea! He mentioned to Mommy that it would be fun to take a road trip for the day to Omaha, Nebraska and visit the zoo! Mommy said, "Let's do it!" and off we went! It was a three hour drive; Brody and I slept the entire way! When we arrived, this was the first thing you could see from the highway. It is called the Desert Dome, and the inside resembles a real desert! It housed kangaroos, iguanas, meercats, snakes, and lots of other animals! I was almost too busy running through the caves to stop and see the animals! (Oh, by the way, I am the tiny yellow speck standing at the bottom of the picture!)
This monkey was being so silly! He put his food on the window and then licked it off with his big tongue! The other monkeys were being silly throwing leaves, swinging from ropes and putting boxes over their heads!

The "choo choo" was my favorite part! It was about a 20-minute ride around the whole zoo!
While I was throwing a tantrum, Mommy snapped a shot of this polar bear!

The gorillas were pretty intimidating! There were a lot of them and they looked kinda scary! I kept saying, "No monkeys!" Inside the viewing areas they had glass bubbles that actually stuck into the gorilla area. This guy came right up to Mommy and was nose to nose with her! No, the camera isn't zoomed in at all! He actually has his nose pressed up against the glass!

After such a fun day, it was time to head back home...luckily we got an extra hour of sleep that night!

No comments: