Wow! The month of September has brought along so many fun-filled adventures; it really has helped pass the time until Blake gets here!
We celebrated our 1st Anniversary on September 4th. Andy took me to The Elms Resort and Spa in Excelsior Springs and we pampered ourselves for the weekend. We also ate our wedding cake, which was still delicious one year later! We would like to thank all of our friends and family for your cards and for thinking about us on that special day! Unfortunately I can't post any pictures because our camera is MIA, so cross your fingers that we find it before the baby comes!!!
The rest of the month I did some work for my dad at the Maytag store in Lexington, MO. We also kept busy going to our prenatal classes and doctor appointments as they became every week. Andy's parents came to visit on September 23rd, and they got to stay for over a week! So that was very exciting because we usually only get to see them for a weekend here and there. We went to the MU game the last couple of weekends(they won!!), attended an Alumni Banquet for Andy's dad (he was awarded MU's Vet School Alumnist of the Year!), and attended our baby shower thrown by the Columbia crowd. Thank you guys so much for all the gifts. It was great to be able to get together with so many people that live so far away, all at once! Why can't the world be smaller?
Last but not least, last week I had the surprise of my life! My dear husband has never been able to keep a secret or surprise me, but he did it! I had a doctor appointment to get to last Thursday, and as usual I was running late because I had picked roses from my garden for Andy's car pool buddy. I wanted to give the flowers to her after the appointment because we were running so late, but Andy insisted she would not be there; and, you all know me, I would rather be late than to risk someone not getting a "pick-me-up" for the day! So I walked into Andy's work, and he led me right into what I thought was someone else's surprise party! I HAD NO IDEA! It was so special and there were so many people! There are no words to express the generosity and love that was felt in that room, but Andy and I still would like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who planned and attended. It was truly amazing!
Thankfully, Alex was able to snap some pics of the shower, which includes our September belly pic. The bad news is that blogger is not letting me post them, but I will figure something out. Blake is getting so big! The doctor said he is head down and sitting very, very low, still 70% effaced and not dilated; so we are making great progress. Only 3 more weeks to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment